" Both of my children were fortunate enough to have been under the tutelage
of DramaDogs and were able to carry with them the
knowledge they learned to other productions with
an outside school production. "
" Both productions were a grand lesson in creative costuming,
language and acting skills that has all of them, and our school, still
Dramadogs Education Program collaborates with public and private schools
of our community to educate students in theater arts, literature, and
performances. We also instruct student/actors to identify and explore
their artistic voice. Through teaching the student/actors to work from
the inside out, their life experiences are reflected by the creative process.
DramaDogs does CLASS
- 3 hour and 6 hour workshops
- Young adults (adolescent) through mature adults
- Seasoned and unseasoned artists
- Beginning process Workshops experience the DramaDogs technique
- Breath, movement, sound and voice
- Open to any level
- Artists in residence for high schools, junior colleges and colleges
- DramaDogs will come to your school for a class a day or a week
- Character development, monologue and scene
- Private coaching for developing and seasoned artists
- Movement, vocal, character development
Working with our students/actors, we:
- Pioneer an acting process or method of creative discovery for all ages
and experience levels.
- We use movement, voice, language and multi-media for students/actors
to tap into their own imagery, thoughts and feelings.
- We discover and explore the movement of the student/actor, the breath
of their body, the sounds of their inner self and the words that each
- We believe it is the student/actor who is the vehicle of the creative
- Through the actions and thoughts of their bodies, the students/actors
reveal their inner truths. Within these truths we find the clearest and
most articulate physical expression of thoughts, feelings, and actions
of the player-their feelings, frailties and vulnerabilities that are brought
to the surface.
In our process we:
- Are curious and fascinated by people and their relationships inside
themselves and between themselves and others.
- We believe that our physical bodies reveal and express the diverse
aspects of our humanity in emotions, thoughts and actions.
- We explore and create possibilities in the physical expression of movement
and gesture, sound and emotion.
- We ignite our inner wisdom and discover ourselves through our own experiences.
Our process includes:
Therapeutic and psychological modalities that create
a safe environment.
- Enabling the student/actor to express, explore and integrate personal
issues into the creative process.
- We guide the student actor in their revelation and integration of physical
movement and emotional expression. Then, and only then, do we begin to
make creative choices of how to theatrically play out an issue, an incident
or a character in relationships.